Based in Banbury, Oxfordshire, Lochinvar products have been providing energy efficient hot water and heating solutions for many Commercial and Industrial applications for many years. Lochinvar products have been supplied in the UK since 1976; when the Knight and Charger Water Heaters were amongst the first direct gas-fired Water Heaters available. In recent years our product offering has been expanded to include a wide range of Condensing Boilers and Water Heaters and also Integrated Renewable Solutions.
Lochinvar products are known for their reliability, efficiency and cost effectiveness and all products are designed and manufactured for the specific needs of the UK and Ireland. We are constantly looking at market trends and new product development, working closely with our Group Global manufacturing facilities.
We are currently looking for a:
Area Sales Representative – Scotland
To represent Lochinvar Ltd in the territory specified and to ensure the area meets its objectives in terms of sales revenues. To work together with our Sales Agent in achieving our mutual sales objectives for the territory. This role is likely to require extensive travel across the specified sales territory and occasionally to Banbury Head Office.
Key tasks include:
- To grow business with established customers
- To work closely and to meet regularly with the Sales Agent and to expand overall market knowledge and contact/database knowledge in cooperation with our Sales Agent in the territory.
- To work with the Sales Agent to assist each other in achieving our sales objective for the territory
- To seek out and develop new business opportunities
- To make effective sales presentations to a range of customer types
- To develop an excellent level of knowledge on Lochinvar products and their application
- To develop a very good level of knowledge on Competitors and their products
- To have a good understanding of general Industry/market matters
- Continuously maintain the CRM database, including Accounts, Contacts and Opportunities
- To create new Opportunities and to record and update effectively within CRM
- To be resourceful and innovative
- To ensure that customer related issues are handled efficiently and effectively working with other departments and colleagues where necessary
- On occasion required to attend industry events and represent the Company, building relationships through entertainment
Skill and Competence Requirements:
- Experience within Commercial HVAC or associated Industry is preferred. A technical background is necessary
- Basic knowledge and experience of sales activities in a project industry in an internal or external sales role
- Ability to work closely with other colleagues to achieve our Company goals
- Ability to understand the application of Boilers/Water Heaters etc. in Commercial systems
- A reasonable level of IT knowledge including standard Microsoft Office packages and Navision/CRM type software
- The ability to manage time effectively
- Flexible attitude towards the working location and time spent within the dedicated area
- The ability to understand and develop a ‘solution selling’ approach
- A basic level of financial knowledge
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Resident within a convenient location within the territory to enable efficient coverage of the whole territory
- Long-term focus to develop into an independent Area Sales role for the future
This is an opportunity to join a growing company, with a position that provides good career development opportunities and offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Interested candidates should send their CV for the attention of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org